If you’re looking for a summer vacation full of excitement, Las Vegas in July is the perfect destination.
The city comes alive with an incredible array of shows, events, and activities that will keep you entertained and amazed.
From Independence Day celebrations and the NBA Summer League, to world-class concerts and thrilling sporting events, there’s something for everyone in Las Vegas this July.
Keep reading to discover the best things to see and do in July.
July Weather in Vegas
Las Vegas in July is known for its scorching temperatures, with an average high of 104°F and lows of around 81°F.
Humidity levels are relatively low, but occasional thunderstorms can occur.
To beat the heat, staying hydrated is recommended, as wearing lightweight and breathable clothing and seeking air-conditioned environments whenever possible.
Be sure to visit some of the best pools in Las Vegas and beat the heat.
Featured Events in July
Independence Day celebrations
On July 4th, Las Vegas is home to some of the best fireworks displays in the country. Additionally, pool parties and other festivities occur throughout the week and weekend.
NBA Summer League
From July 7th to July 17th, the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion will host the NBA Summer League. This is an excellent opportunity for basketball fans to watch some top rookies and young players in action.
On July 8th, the T-Mobile Arena will host UFC 290, featuring some of the biggest names in mixed martial arts.
Concerts and Shows in Vegas
Some of the biggest names in music will be performing in Las Vegas in July:
- Adele at Caesars Palace
- Carrie Underwood on July 1st at Resorts World
- Katy Perry on July 28th and 29th at Resorts World
Las Vegas Market
The Las Vegas Market will occur at the World Market Center starting July 30th.
Sporting Events in July
In addition to the NBA Summer League and UFC 290, there are several other sporting events taking place in Las Vegas in July, including:
- 2023 WNBA All-Star Weekend at Michelob ULTRA Arena on Friday, July 14th, and Saturday, July 15th.
- 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup Semifinals – Allegiant Stadium will host the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup Semifinals match on Wednesday, July 12th.
- Manchester United vs. Borussia Dortmund: Allegiant Stadium will welcome these two global soccer heavyweights on Sunday, July 30th.
Concerts and Shows in Vegas in July
- July 1 – Carrie Underwood: REFLECTION at Resorts World
- July 1 – Keith Urban at Planet Hollywood
- July 1 – Luis Tomlinson at Cosmopolitan
- July 1 – Adele at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
- July 6,8,9,13,15,16,20,22,23 – Garth Brooks at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
- July 8 – Charlie Puth at Cosmopolitan
- July 1,2,4,7,8,12,14,15 – Usher at Dolby Live
- July 13 – Stephen Marley with HIRIE & Arise Roots
- July 15 – Nickleback at T-Mobile Arena
- July 16 – Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit
- July 21 – Falling in Reverse with Nine Inch Nails
- July 23 – The Chi-Lites Featuring Marshall Thompson
- July 28,29 – Katy Perry: PLAY at Resorts World
- July 28,29 – Maroon 5 at Resorts World
- July 28, 30 – Jimmy Eat World
- July 28,30 – Smashing Pumpkins at Cosmopolitan
Comedy, Magic, and Other Entertainment in July
- July 1 – Jack Whitehall
- July 1 – David Spade with Guest Nikki Glaser
- July 7 – 7/8 – Kevin Hart: REALITY CHECK at Resorts World
- July 13,15 – Josh Blue
- July 14,15 – David Blaine at Resorts World
- July 14,15 – Chris Tucker at Encore
- July 16 – Jeff Dunham: Still Not Canceled
- July 21 – Felipe Esparza
- July 27,30 – Michael Blackson
- July 28,29 – Jerry Seinfeld
- July 29 – Matteo Lane
Tips for Visiting Vegas in July
To make the most of your trip to Las Vegas in July, it is recommended to:
- Stay Hydrated: Las Vegas experiences high temperatures in July. Carry a reusable water bottle with you, and drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
- Dress Appropriately: Wear lightweight and breathable clothing to stay comfortable in the summer heat. Opt for light-colored and loose-fitting clothes that can help reflect sunlight and allow airflow.
- Plan Indoor Activities: While outdoor activities can still be enjoyable in the early morning or evening, planning indoor activities during the hottest parts of the day is advisable. Explore indoor attractions, visit casinos, or indulge in shopping and dining experiences.
- Use Sun Protection: Protect yourself from the sun’s rays by wearing sunscreen with a high SPF, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses. Seek shade whenever possible, especially during peak sunlight hours.
- Take Advantage of Pools and Pool Parties: Many hotels in Las Vegas have incredible pool party scenes, especially in July. Consider attending pool parties at popular day clubs to cool off, socialize, and enjoy the lively atmosphere.